Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default New Moen Shower

On May 31, 9:40*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
We installed a new Moen shower head. *New install on rebuilt plumbing. *The
water was not coming out very hot. *The man who installed it came back and
took it apart and made some adjustments. *Now it is too hot to shower. *The
HW heater puts out water at 123 to the tub in the same room. *The shower in
an adjacent bathroom is fine.

How does one adjust the hot water mix on them? * We're calling the supplier
in the morning, but thought I'd ask here first.

Steve

I assume this is a single handle. I poked around a little online, but
couldn't find the instructions on setting the temp limit stop. There
are two splined parts that can be adjusted to limit the high temp. If
you take it apart, you might be able to figure it out without the
instructions.

I am confused that you say it is "too hot to shower". You should
still be able to take a cold shower, or adjust the temp from cold up
to whatever the temp limit is set for. If your choice is off or too
hot, there is something wrong beyond a bad temp limit setting.

JK