Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 21:37:47 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 31 May 2009 19:18:59 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

They used a roller
for a stamp.

Steve,

Was there a rubber pad, with a pattern under the roller? The stamps
I've seen here, they use dense pads with the pattern and sometimes
tamping by hand to transfer the pattern onto the pad while still wet.

This was a cylinder about three feet wide by one foot in diameter, a shaft
through its center, with handles like a lawnmower. A very simple device.
The surface was made out of rubber, or something soft. I would suspect a
repeating pattern, but observed none.

Steve

Thanks. Perhaps the roller has one pattern. Interesting if they could
change the pad on the roller. I haven't seen it done that way. Only by
hand. They laid the pad, got the pattern and move over three rows of
pads. They used three pads, I guess for rotation and uniformity.