Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John D. Slocomb John D. Slocomb is offline

Default Mancow Waterboarded

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 22:29:11 -0500, Ignoramus17163

On 2009-06-02, John D Slocomb wrote:
After all the Russians seemed to be able to get individuals to make
statements that doomed that individual to death. There are many many
stories about old time police "beating confessions out of people".

I suggest that it does work and leaves it up to the interrogator to
sort out the truth from the lies - just as any interrogation technique
does.

This is hard to tell with any certainty until you tortured a number of
motivated people. Any truth on this would be difficult to come by.

I can only comment that at the end of the Korean war I was in Japan
and one of our crews was returned to the Squadron after they were
liberated. The Squadron held a sort of "welcome home" thing where the
crew told the Squadron about being captured and being prisoners. The
Aircraft commander stated that after they had dragged him out and beat
him for some time he "told them what they wanted to know".

Subsequent conversation with one of the enlisted crew members revealed
that they literally dragged the A.C. out and beat and kicked him into
unconsciousness day after day.... until he talked.

I think that it would work.

Cheers,

John B.
(jbslocombatgmaildotcom)