Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Gap in wood flooring

Geppo wrote in news:c6dcf930-06e1-4cc9-95e9-
:

Hi, I'm installing real wood floor in my bedroom.
I know I should leave a gap on all sides in case of wood expansion,
but if I don't leave the gap on one (just one!) of the sides the
boards just fit perfectly without the need of cutting them. Is it
really bad not to leave a gap on one side?
Any advice very welcome?
Thank you!

If you don't follow the mfgrs installation instructions then don't expect
the results mfgr touts.

....and

if anything, related or not, goes wrong with the floor in the future and
you wish to make a warranty claim, it will be blamed on improper
installation.