Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Gap in wood flooring

On Jun 1, 10:03*am, Geppo wrote:
Hi, I'm installing real wood floor in my bedroom.
I know I should leave a gap on all sides in case of wood expansion,
but if I don't leave the gap on one (just one!) of the sides the
boards just fit perfectly without the need of cutting them. Is it
really bad not to leave a gap on one side?
Any advice very welcome?
Thank you!

If you are putting down a wood floor, you have to cut wood. Your
bedroom can't be big enough to make omitting the gap on one side
matter unless there is something that you haven't mentioned.

There should be a gap all around. Check out the NOFMA site for
explicit instructions.