Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Gap in wood flooring

On Jun 1, 9:03*am, Geppo wrote:
Hi, I'm installing real wood floor in my bedroom.
I know I should leave a gap on all sides in case of wood expansion,
but if I don't leave the gap on one (just one!) of the sides the
boards just fit perfectly without the need of cutting them. Is it
really bad not to leave a gap on one side?
Any advice very welcome?
Thank you!

Now here its humid out and inside, so wood laid open for a few weeks
has or will expand, its 65% inside here now, it will be 70-75%
humidity soon. If installed when humid after its aclimitised it should
not expand more, but who knows. Someone put in a parket floor in
winter in my home, when summer came it bowed up in a bulge 1.5" it was
real bad, you were walking on crap. All sides is recommended, do all
sides to be safe.