Posted to rec.woodworking
PHT[_2_] PHT[_2_] is offline

Default Never Thought I'd See It

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 08:53:26 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Never thought I'd see it, bans on smoking.

When I came to California 20 years ago, trying to find a restaurant
with a no smoking section was a real challenge.

Today, smoking inside buildings is not permitted, cities like
Camarillo have totally banned smoking, smoking on the beaches is
banned and now there is discussion to ban smoking on golf courses.

Understand NYC has also banned smoking so both coasts are progressing
toward the heartland.

The recent addition of another $0.60+/pack federal tax doesn't hurt
either.

Yeah, the Smoke Nazis have won.

They still putt-putt around in their myriad cars, though, belching fumes as
they do. They also have to indure (as do all of us) less fresh air when
they fly. True, there is no smoke in all that recirculated air but there
are whatever germs the passengers are exhaling or sneezing or coughing, all
being recirculated...and recirculated...and recirculated. They also beam
happily at their small children as said bairns merrily kick away at the back
of the seat in front of them. And, of course, they are so inured to their
child's wailing that it never occurs to them that the wailing might be
irritating to others. Smoke free though...

I don't eat out much anymore.

dadiOH

You are saying it like it is there. Good for you.
They are also the types that go down the road talking on their cells
phones without a thought of the danger they are putting other drivers in
by not paying full attention to their driving. Also, the ones the opposes
any law that would ban cell phones while driving.
I also seldom eat out anymore. Smoker's do longer have any rights in this
country. It's getting so that many right are disappearing that people once
had.

Paul T.

--
The only dumb question, is the one not asked