Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Casters needed for a heavy workbench

On May 31, 1:55*pm, rlz wrote:
I recently built a 4' x 8' workbench with 4"X6" corner posts and 3/4"
plywood for two shelves and a double thickness top. *I', using the
shelves for wood storage on one and tool storage on the other. *As
you
can tell, the workbench is now very heavy. *I am looking for a set of
casters that would mount to the sides of the corner posts, and allow
me to raise and move the table. *My Hitachi table saw has similar
casters that have a lever that either raises or lowers the wheels
just
enough to bring legs off the floor. *Does anyone know of this type
casters? *I've done some searches, but there seems to be a large
variety of casters types. * I would like to be able to move the
workbemch without having to remove everything from it first.

A bunch he http://tinyurl.com/mo5lln Some have wheel
locks. You might check Northern Tool. I've never gotten anything
from them so don't know much about them. J.C. Whitney??