Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default wiring problem/question

I disconnected my two attic fans (see "dead attic fan" thread). I did
this by identifying the black and white wires from the fan. These
were stranded wires. The black one connected to a solid black wire.
The white one connected to two solid white wires that were twisted
together. After disconnection (and turning the breaker back on) some
things on one end of the house don't work - a light in the attic and
the wall sockets on the room next to it. I can live without the light
in the attic but I need the wall sockets to work. It seems to me that
what I did would not do anything but disconnect the fans. Does this
make any sense? And is there anything I can do to get the wall
sockets back (until I get an electrician for the fans).
--
Replace you know what by j to email