Posted to alt.home.repair
newz newz is offline

Default Genie screw drive stops and starts

I have an older Genie screw drive (sd9500) which all of a sudden has
started acting odd. It stops partway down and partway up. I tried cranking
up the the safety adjustment and even disconnected the safety switch (when
there is too much vibration the safety hub hits this switch). I thought it
might be the motor thermal fuse but the motor starts right up after a
press of the button....doesn't need any cool down time. Now the door goes
up a little and down a little....after a minute it tries again. Btw....it
never had a photo sensor safety device so that gets ruled out.
Being an older unit it is pretty basic....I just can't figure what else it
could be. Thoughts?