Posted to alt.home.repair
bakroenig bakroenig is offline

Default Whole House Attic Fan control

bakroenig had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rol-64345-.htm
:
I was searching for help with a variable speed controller for an attic fan
and came across this post. I know it is old but we have a 22 year old
attic fan with an Emerson variable speed controller that is no longer
working. We are having a hard time find a replacement. Has anyone had
any luck in repacing these? Thanks!

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Ronbo" wrote in message
I have a 22 year old home with ceiling mounted whole house fan. A
24"
Emerson direct drive motor. The variable spped control no longer
works
properly and I can only get operation at high speed. I have
searched all
over and cannot find a replacement control. Does anybody know where
I might
find one of these or a suitable replacement.

Mine has a variable speed control in the switch. Is that what you are
looking for? If so it is like a heavy duty dimmer. Be sure to get one
rated
to handle the horsepower of the motor.
www.mcmaster.com www.grainger.com