Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default About to become a *true* DIYer ...

On Sun, 31 May 2009 19:46:51 +0000, Cicero wrote:

Angle grinders, have quite a fierce 'kick' when they start. For
the first attempt hold the grinder, without a disk, firmly in both hands
and switch on to get a feel for the kick. Once you've understood this kick
and how quickly a disk can be spinning you'll be quite safe. Sensible
clothing is essential - no ties or other loose items. Gloves are a
personal choice - many people feel that they don't give enough grip, so
experiment and see what suits you.

Having said that a 4" grinder is a lot less scary to use than a 9" (or
maybe I just haven't used a 9" enough). I quite often use it 1-handed if I
need to - with appropriate foresight as to which way it might kick if it
does, and held not to close to body and other vulnerable objects of course

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Many hands make light work. Too many cooks spoil the broth.