Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default About to become a *true* DIYer ...

YAPH wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 20:22:26 +0100, Tim S wrote:

My recommendation is:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12131/...-Grinder-240V#

Blue Bosch - cheap as the green bosch from other places. Quite acompetant
machine.

I'd second that. I got fed up with sub-£10 machines that always sounded as
if they were about to explode in your face and packed up as soon as they
got a whiff of dust in their switches, and bought one of these blue
Bosches. Nice machine.

Don't forget to include 1 pair ear defenders, 1 pair googles or face visor
and one pair of leather gloves. The first two are *essential* and the last
will save your hands.

Particularly when you're cutting metal - showers of sparks are *hot*!!

That is what I got - and unlike in the Screwfix reviews, mine did come
with a decent case for (IIRC) the same price. From Toolstation. Might
have been a passing special... (couldn't see them just now).

Very nice soft start.

--
Rod

onset.