Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default how to fix plastic pipe leak near pool pump

"harkonen" wrote in message
m...
harkonen had written this in response to

http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...mp-239130-.htm
:
I had the exact same issue with my pool pump just recently (leaking from
the threaded PVC joint into pump). Yes it happened when the pump ran dry
for a few hours and overheated.

I took the piece off by cutting the line further down and screwing it
loose. The threads looked fine so I cleaned it and put teflon tape. I
had to put a couple of the line that was cut. I reattached it and to my
disappointment it is still leaking (less than before but it still leaks).

How much teflon tape did you use? Expert Sam at my local
pool store recommends 6 turns over the threads and 3 more
over the butt, where the threads end and the connector hex
shape begins. Since I adopted Sam's methods I have no
more leaks. (Removable connectors are secured by a single
hose clamp over the connector ridges, not at the end of the hose.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs