Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Tecumseh/Craftsman Carb Rebuild

"DanG" wrote in message
The fuel bowl retaining nut is the piece with the hole in
question. Look at the base of the "bolt" close to the head, there
is a cross hole that intersects the long hole that you see on the
top of the "bolt". Welding torch tip cleaners work really well, a
spritz of carb cleaner and a shot of air gets all cleaned out.

Huh. I thought the holes in that nut/bolt were just for draining the bowl.
Time to put on my Opti-Visor.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Ulysses" wrote in message

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

wrote in message
appeared). Has anyone had success rebuilding one of these
carbs? Also,

how
is the main jet (in the middle) removed? There is no
screwdriver slot.

Isn't it more a nut than a bolt? I don't remember what it is
called
in the manual.

The manual calls it a "Fuel Bowl Retaining Nut"

To me it looks like a bolt with holes drilled in it. I think
of a nut as
being sort of short and the threads being internal (female
type) . I

think
of a bolt as being long and having threads on the outside (male
type).

I guess they can call it whatever they want to.

Also from the manual:
"Always use a new screw(s) when reinstalling the choke shutter
as the

screws
are treated with dry-type adhesive to secure them in place."

That also goes for the throtle plate. Guess they don't want to
chance the
screw loosing and going into the engine.

Thanks everyone. I've read about that small hole but didn't see
one. I
think it was refered to as a "primer" or somesuch thing. Maybe
I'll put on
my glasses and look again ;-)

The fuel bowl retaining nut is easy enough to find and remove.
It's just
what's above that I can't figure out.