Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

I do not want the insurance company completely removed, just remove them
from the petty, normal, illnesses by simply raising the deductible. I
lower my auto and home owners, and flood insurance by paying a higher
deductible. If the average person had a $2000 deductible I suspect the
cost of primary care would go down when the insurance claims became fewer
in number.

Our company went to a $1000 deductible (which they will re-imburse us) and
the premium went down $1200 A few people tap it out every year, a few
never use any of it. Overall savings is considerable. .

Exactly! I believe that insurance costs are sky high because of abuse.
IMHO insurance should only be used of those events that you could no
possibly afford, not normal trips to the doctor for the regular illness.