Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Change Fullex UPVC front door lock for "Lift and Lock" type?

In article ,
Bob Minchin writes:
Scrump wrote:
I don't think such a lock exists

http://www.liftandlock.com/

(I've sent them an email, but want an opinion from uk.d-i-y)

lots of people with them
falsely believe the door locks when you lift the handle, and
get burgled as a result of it not actually being locked at all.

That is exactly what has just happened to us!

So can a second person unlock the door with a key once this lock has
been "locked" from the inside?
If not this could be a real PITA in our household.

It's remarkable how completely deviod of any useful technical
information their website and the downloadable PDF are.
Makes you think they must be trying to hide something.

--
Andrew Gabriel