Posted to comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
BillW50 BillW50 is offline

Default Wierd Toshiba 1905-S301 Laptop Behavior

prc1 wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 22:31:49 -0400:
Nope, I'm on a cable modem. My other computers on the network work
just fine with it, so it's not that interface. Wireless works A-OK
too--just the wired network connection misbehaves when the laptop's on
AC power.

Sounds like a ground loop problem. Does the cable modem or the laptop
have the three prong power plug? If so, get one of those 3 prong to 2
prong adapters so you can temporary disconnect the ground prong to see
if the problem disappears.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 701G4 ~ 1GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC