Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

"Leon" wrote in message

I do not want the insurance company completely removed, just remove them
from the petty, normal, illnesses by simply raising the deductible. I
lower my auto and home owners, and flood insurance by paying a higher
deductible. If the average person had a $2000 deductible I suspect the
cost of primary care would go down when the insurance claims became fewer
in number.

Our company went to a $1000 deductible (which they will re-imburse us) and
the premium went down $1200 A few people tap it out every year, a few never
use any of it. Overall savings is considerable. .