Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default glass sliding door disposal

"Rick" wrote in message
Just replaced a 30 year old single pane sliding glass door and now
need to get rid of the old one. After a few calls, the
recommendations are to just break it since I dont have a truck and it
probably wouldnt survive the trip to the dump. The window has tint
film on one side. My plan is to sandwich it between plastic sheets
and hit it wit a hammer unless there is a better solution. So.....

1) Is this window definately made with saftely glass? I dont see
any
stamps but I think this was required after 1977

2) should the tint be removed or is this a plus? My main concern is
that it will not shatter completely if the tint supports the glass.
However if it does shatter then the film would contain and perhps
make
the clean up easier?

3) Should I attempt to remove the frame or is this a bad idea?

Thanks

Rick

I'd take it to my local Habitat for Huanity ReStore and donate it.