Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default Is there a good way to deflate large inflatable toys?

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 May 2009 18:02:05 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:45:24 -0700, Prof Wonmug wrote:

I bought a large inflatable water slide for use by the pool:

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-58851-Wa.../dp/B000NN9DUC

This is a pretty cool slide. It appears to be very well made. The
material (vinyl?) is very heavy.

But I was not prepared for the setup and, especially, the take-down
time. It took me well over half an hour to inflate the slide using a
small portable compressor.

I use my shop vac to inflate and deflate these things. Make a
fitting from a series of smaller hoses and some duct tape.

Yep, a shop vac is trhe way to go.

Leave the Boston valves in place- but make the last fitting just small
enough to go inside the valve and open the flapper.
[the inflator is junk- but this is what you want the end fitting to
look like-
http://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Elect...2510555&sr=1-9
]

i'm guessing 10 minutes to inflate or deflate that slide.

Closer to 30 minutes each way. The thing has 7-8 compartments and it's
very heavy.

but runs hot and may not be able to inflate more than one large item.

http://tinyurl.com/qqut6j

The nozzles are the best part of that toy. I'd wager that the worst
shop vac will move 10 times as much air.

I love that they call it a "high volume air pump" but don't say what
that "high volume" is.

Jim

Sorry to be so cynical and mean spirited but I really hope your not a "true"
professor.

This is just yet again another example of someone who has a real or supposed
need and goes about filling it withour really researching what they need and
need to do to satisfy their need(s) properrly. They then go to stangers
with their hands our saying "help me, please!"

And we are supposed to be enlightened??