Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Septic tank cleanout holes

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:17:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I'd rather not end up digging six holes!
Thanks.

The guys who cleaned my tank lent me a tool to help find the tank. It
is a small rod about 3' long with a t handle on it. You can easily
push it into the ground and find the outline of the tanks. Then I
measured about one foot in from the sides and end and found the
cover. It's really pretty easy. Not worth the $50 per cover they
want to dig them up for you.

Good to know.

As far as the finger system, the drain tiles, they were easy to see in
the summertime when there was no rain. The whole lawn was turning
light green or yellow, except where the septic drains were it was
still green.

"... and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime" That's
true, July and August.

Good Luck,