Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Septic tank cleanout holes

wrote in message
Septic guy wants me to dig the holes says one in the front corner and
one in the back corner. I have no clue from the town's as-built septic
plan what holes they are. There seems to be six points on the chart. The
first two are close together and look like a square with two holes. Four
more spread out to the back lawn with the a line
coming from holes one and two to another one with a square. I don't
understand the drawing I'd rather not end up digging six holes!
Thanks.

The first two holes that you spoke of, if they are closest to the house, are
the two holes that you want. The lines from the are distribution lines to a
dist. box. See if these are the two holes that lead to the clean outs on
the top of tank that when removed will reveal the interior to the septic
tank. Over this I would install a plastic stand pipe (available at septic
supply) with a cover. This will make it easier to locate and clean out
every three years (as it is in most municipalities). HTH, Chuck