Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

On Sat, 30 May 2009 11:01:05 -0500, dpb wrote:

But yet the SSA administers Social Security with an almost negligible
amount of overhead. A government program can work efficently, but the
devil is in the details.

Yeah, so efficiently they have thousands on the roles that have been
deceased, some for decades (GAO investigation I heard reported not long
ago)...

I don't doubt there's some fraud going on, but unless you can cite the
source I doubt it's in the thousands. And I mentioned low overhead which
you didn't seem to question.

I wonder if the costs of lowering the fraud rate would exceed the amount
that was saved?