Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Septic tank cleanout holes

I think you will need to be more specific. Are you finding the
openings on the septic tank itself for the septic man so he can
inspect and pump the septic tank? Your drawing should show the
septic tank which may be 6 feet or more in diameter. A line
comes from the house to the tank, one of the openings on the tank
lid will be close to this pipe. Another line leaves the tank to a
series of distribution boxes that feed multiple lateral lines, the
other opening is close to this pipe, usually straight across the
tank from the first one. I suspect you will need to dig down to
the top of the tank at your best guess at where the line is
entering the tank. It is probably down 1 or 2 feet.

Your drawing is probably showing the tank and the lateral field.
The tank will be close to the house, the lateral lines will run
quite a distance out in the yard as parallel lines or fan shaped.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Septic guy wants me to dig the holes says one in the front
corner and
one in the back corner. I have no clue from the town's as-built
septic plan what holes they are. There seems to be six points
on the
chart. The first two are close together and look like a square
with
two holes. Four more spread out to the back lawn with the a
line
coming from holes one and two to another one with a square. I
don't
understand the drawing I'd rather not end up digging six holes!
Thanks.