Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

Somebody wrote:

The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the inclusion of large
segments
of currently under- or uninsured without a commensurate inclusion
into
the payment pool by some means is going to be another federal
welfare
program that will not be able to be funded w/o massive deficits or
taxes
of one form or another.

The problem is we are already paying the increased costs to cover the
under insured as hidden costs of doing business as a society.

As an example, emergency room visits that go unpaid which in many
cases requirement of a medical program that has advanced because
preventative medice was not available due to cost.

The E/R becomes the court of last result along with it high costs.

In the end it becomes a hidden cost we all pay which is higher than
necessary if all were insured.

It becomes a matter of "PAY me now or PAY me later"

Lew