Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

Leon wrote:
"Nova" wrote in message

I don't know that I'd always want my medical treatment to go to the lowest
bidder.

Agreed and these guys are probably makin more off of the procedure than
those having to collect from an insurance company. Remember insurance
companines get deep deep discounts and often don't pay.

It sound to me like the insurance companies are keeping the cost down.

Basically HMO's and insurance companies are more like agents for many
doctors. I think I would probably have more faith in a doctor that
does not rely on an insurance company to bring in it's patients.

The insurance companies rely on their participating doctors list to
bring in the customers.

There will probably still be insurance for catastrophic needs if you feel
that living an extra year or two is woth having insurance for.

It doesn't take a catastrophe to end up with astronomical medical bills. I
don't foresee any major reduction is the cost of medical care regardless
of who foots the bill.

Don't for get the major point here, insuranc companies make more than the
health care system does and what overhead does an insurance company have
other than an office for record keeping?

Medical insurance companies are gambling that the coverage premium they
charge along with any returns on there investments made with your money
will exceed the medical payments they make in your behalf. By them
making a profit it shows that on the average they're right.

Take the insurance company out of petty coverage and every one saves, except
the insurance company.

Your key word above is "petty". If you take the insurance company out
of the picture you'd better hope that you're one of the customers that
make their "average" profitable.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA