Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Braun Toothbrush

Just been on holiday and took a "spare" charger base. When I came to use it
the toothbrush wouldn't fit due to slight alterations (Damn you Braun - why
didn't you stay with the wall mountable charger??)

I pared away at the spigot with the usual blunt kitchen knife and did a bit
of finishing with an emery board. The brush now fits on the older charger
base.

Question - is the spigot more than just a location? Is there perhaps an iron
core inside? The current one is not round. Why does the brush need to be
oriented in a particular way?

I think Braun has seriously cheapened the product over the years - I liked
the wall mounted charger and the charge indicator light!