Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default HOA demands Marine remove bumper-stickers

Rudy wrote:
I'm the mom of a Marine, but I don't care for military families
believing rules don't apply to them....this guy has eight stickers on his
car, which makes it ok for everyone else to plaster sh-- all over their
cars if the HOA doesn't enforce.

Ok, that works for me as long as we do a quick recon of the neighborhood
cars:

"My Child is an Honor Student at Acme Middle School"..call "Captain HOOK.."
"Baby On board" tow the car AND the kid
"Mary Kay"..put a PINK slip on that one too and haul it to the yard
"Bush/Palin 2008" tow that baby back to Alaska !

"Sam Hall, Haul em ALL" !!

LOL....my condo assn. makes up rules as they go along, without
publishing them. One renter got a car towed because it was "inoperable"
(no plates) the day she brought it onto the property and she was away at
the time. I got a letter telling me I was in violation of the
"landscape policy" (violation not specified) after my hubby (building
manager) and I spent four years and about 3,000 hours cleaning up badly
neglected landscaping and major projects.....broken down sprinkler
system, busted concrete steps, no exterior lighting operable, rotted
broken fence, loads of dead wood in hedges, large areas in lawn that
were dead and bare, deep holes eroded along seawall. Hubby even was
criticized on the record for changing the color (green to white) of a
door - it was broken, so we took it apart, replaced broken dowels,
reglued and put it back together in time for it to be painted along with
the rest of the building ... louvered door. We corrected numerous code
violations and got a kick in the ass for doing so.

I have no problem whatsoever with HOA's having rules...most of the time
they have a purpose and they make sense. Those who don't like them
should either move or try to make reasonable changes. All it takes is
writing a letter or showing up at a board meeting....I get cranky with
folks who think they are more special than everyone else.