Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] sheldon.mandel@verizon.net is offline

Default router recomendations

On May 28, 1:34*pm, "Joe Carboni" wrote:
My present router just died. *Looking to upgrade with possible combo
fixed/plunge set. *Looking at the Milwaukee 5616-24 . *Has good reviews.
Can pick up for $239. *Any comments? *TIA

I have the milwaulkee with only the fixed base in a router table - I
got it for 169, and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint is that
the height lock needs to be engaged, otherwise it nay drop a little.
That said, it's a beast that doesn't stop for anything.
I also have the dewalt 621 - a great router, but not one I'd put into
a table I'd say you'd be happy with the milwaulkee combo

shelly