Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default HOA demands Marine remove bumper-stickers

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

I'm the mom of a Marine, but I don't care for military families
believing rules don't apply to them....this guy has eight stickers
on his car, which makes it ok for everyone else to plaster sh-- all
over their cars if the HOA doesn't enforce. If the HOA receives a
complaint from another owner, they are then between a rock and a
hard place. I don't often defend, but I know plenty of jerks who do
nothing but complain and leave ALL of the work to condo boards.

But this guy has sticker, not advertisements. Did you watch the video
clip? Others have bumper sticker supporting other causes and
political candidates. They have to go to if they are going to apply
the rules to everyone. Same with the dealer's nameplate if it is on
the car. In this case, the HOA is out of line.

What about the state slogans on special license plates? In Texas, where this
Marine lives, for a modest extra fee one can get a myriad of specialty
plates. Here are the ones just for military:

Air Force Cross
Airborne Parachutist
Armed Forces Reserve
Army Distinguished Service Cross
Congressional Medal of Honor (3 kinds)
Desert Storm Veteran
Disable Veteran
Distinguished Flying Cross
Enduring Freedom Veteran
Gold Star Family
Gold Star Mother
Gold Star Spouse
Korea Veteran
Marine Corps League
Navy Cross
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Pearl Harbor Survivor
Purple Heart
Silver Star
Texas Guard
Texas Wing Civil Air Patrol
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Air Force Academy
U.S. Army
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary
U.S. Marine Corps
U.S. Military Academy
U.S. Naval Academy
U.S. Navy
Vietnam Veteran
World War II Veteran

This listing was an exansion of the "Military" category. Other categories
include: Colleges(27), Organizations(68), Sports Teams(7), Public Servant
(21), Antique & Classic(6), Motorcycle, Personalized, Souvenir, and
Government. See:
http://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/N...id=30&pltid=42

for all the opportunities the state has for its drivers to give it money.

I agree the president of the HOA was out of line. Shortly he will learn that
when you **** with a Marine, you've done ****ed with the entire Corps.

Marine Corp! When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.