Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

Scott Lurndal wrote:

Mark & Juanita writes:

Chatter may be a contributor, but I've seen the same kind of gapping
when
using the heavier plunge router as well.

I think a plunge router would not be appropriate for this
application, even if it has a real good depth lock.

scott

Let me clarify that. I use a plunge router, but once I have the depth
set, don't use the plunge mechanism, I use it as a fixed base. I agree,
the plunge to plunge repeatability errors would contribute significantly to
errors.