Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

Leon wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...

.... snip

I need to look into the 8mm bits but then will need a collet adapter to
work in my router

Something else to consider, since the DT jig will flex when a router is
setting on it, are you using a backer board under the top clamp to totally
support the entire width/length of the DT jig?

Yes, I've been doing that. Coincidentally, the tail with the worst gap is
the one closest to the near end of the jig.

If it is not totally
supported it can raise or lower with the weight of the router closer to
the
ends of the work. It also insures that the DT jig is adjusted correctly
to the correct plane.