Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water shut off, again

I was in an old country shop, one time. They had a nice neat
wooden plaque that said "in case of fire, lift flap". I did.
Under it, nicely painted, said "I said, IN CASE OF FIRE,
stupid!"

I like you one with the fire horn.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

"The Dumb Ass Effect" is why
I put locks on valves, safety switches, electrical panels
and a myriad of other devices. Warning signs encourage
dumb asses to play with things. Understanding dumb asses
has provided me with a lot of entertainment. I once hooked
a fire horn to a latching switch that was marked "DO NOT
TOUCH THIS SWITCH". I can't count the number of times I
laughed at some poor moron who just could not resist the
temptation to fiddle with it.

TDD