Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tecumseh/Craftsman Carb Rebuild

This from hard experience. Tecumseh carbs, the bolt that
holds the bowl on. The bolt has a tiny passage, which gets
clogged easily. Said passage meters the fuel to the mower.
I'd have a miserable time trying to explain how to find the
passage, but look in the mower end of the bolt. And look
along the side, the part that's not threaded. Use magnifying
lens and good light.

You can clean this passage with carb cleaner, or the copper
wire selected from a strand of lamp cord. Please don't use a
steel poker, might widen the hole. Size matters, men.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ulysses" wrote in message
I have a Tecumseh carburator (1276A1M) from a Craftsman Lawn
Tractor
(917.254790) with a 12.5 Tecumseh OHV engine (can't seem to
find the model
number for the engine but I'll keep looking). The carb
apparently does not
deliver any fuel to the engine. The engine will run with
just about any 'ol
carb temporarily attached. All of the passages on the carb
seem to be clear
when I spray carb cleaner through them. The gas tank has
been thoroughly
cleaned and the fuel lines and filter replaced (before the
carb problem
appeared). Has anyone had success rebuilding one of these
carbs? Also, how
is the main jet (in the middle) removed? There is no
screwdriver slot.