Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default HOA demands Marine remove bumper-stickers

In article ,
" wrote:

My condo assn. tried to make a unit owner park his "commercial vehicle"
elsewhere because commercial trucks can't be parked so they are visible
from the street (ain't this heaven?)...but this particular "commercial
vehicle" was a city owned truck which the guy drove home when he was on
call.

Had the same thing happen once in a nearby area where they got all
bent about a city owned commercial vehicle. It was a marked cop car. I'm
guessing the complaintant was probably the local meth dealer.

I'm the mom of a Marine, but I don't care for military families
believing rules don't apply to them....this guy has eight stickers on
his car, which makes it ok for everyone else to plaster sh-- all over
their cars if the HOA doesn't enforce. If the HOA receives a complaint
from another owner, they are then between a rock and a hard place. I
don't often defend, but I know plenty of jerks who do nothing but
complain and leave ALL of the work to condo boards.

But that isn't a commerical sign which is what the restrictions are.
It isn't that you can only have a certain number of bumperstickers or
license plates. There is nothing in the rules that says they can't
plaster sh** all over their cars. Just not commercial signs.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke