Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default HOA demands Marine remove bumper-stickers

HeyBub wrote:
Home Owners Association letter says "advertising" is prohibited on vehicles.

"It's not "advertising," says the disabled Marine. "You can't BUY freedom!"

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...0528_251 8563

My condo assn. tried to make a unit owner park his "commercial vehicle"
elsewhere because commercial trucks can't be parked so they are visible
from the street (ain't this heaven?)...but this particular "commercial
vehicle" was a city owned truck which the guy drove home when he was on
call.

I'm the mom of a Marine, but I don't care for military families
believing rules don't apply to them....this guy has eight stickers on
his car, which makes it ok for everyone else to plaster sh-- all over
their cars if the HOA doesn't enforce. If the HOA receives a complaint
from another owner, they are then between a rock and a hard place. I
don't often defend, but I know plenty of jerks who do nothing but
complain and leave ALL of the work to condo boards.

There was a big too-doo about a military family in Fla. with signs in
the yard - mama thought her husband being in Iraq was a license to do as
she pleased.

Gee...come to think of it....I'd quit the board before I'd mess with a
Marine )