Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Will of the People 1 win, 1 loss

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

I'm interested in the discrimination case in Connecticut and her ruling.
I didn't care
for that piece where she indicates that her heritage affects her ruling.

Did you read it Wes?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/us...text.html?_r=1

I'm reading it now.

First problem, she isn't an immigrant. Citizens of Puerto Rico are US citizens. The NY
Times blew that one. Her parents have been US Citizens since 1917. She was born after
that date.

I wonder about a person that talks about her racial heritage in that lecture. I might
understand a black discussing that due to that abomination of slavery we subjected them
to. I don't give much thought to being English and Dutch nor do I give much thought to my
siblings being English, Dutch and Polish.

Americans of Chinese heritage were ****ed on heavily years ago, you don't hear them going
off on how they were mistreated and how that gives them perspectives, they got over it and
moved on as we got more enlightened as a society.

I'll go as far as say a woman will often see things differently than a man and I don't
think it matters if she is liberal or conservative.

Obama is obligated to put a woman on the court. The only one serving may not have long to
go. Catching the Hispanics with a twofer is good politics.

I know you don't think much of Rush as an oracle of ideas and comment but he mentioned
that some women's groups are a bit nervous about her since her stand on abortion isn't
totally locked up.

Swaping her out with Souter isn't a world changing event.

I'm still going to stock up on popcorn to watch the hearings on Cspan. Should be fun.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller