Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Repair Triplett 930PL Meter? - 630pl zoom.jpg (1/1)

Richard Cranium wrote:
[a photo]

Well, the photo made it to my server okay, & it's nice & clear. It looks
to me like your resistor is a wirewound job, & the bulge is just a weld
or something on the former, & unrelated to the problem you're having. I
suspect that when you test it with a DMM, it'll turn out to be fine.

I think you'll need to look elsewhere for the cause of your problem.
As another poster suggested, I think it's just drifted out of
calibration with age. You know you can pick up a basic DMM these days
for under $25, right?