Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob S.[_3_] Bob S.[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for router lift recommendations

wrote in message
I have an old Jessem first generation router lift. Was nice
at the time but it has too many faults (no above table bit changes
without a collet extension, will sink a little with vibration, the
plate is about twice as big as new ones and it places the bit too far
from the miter slot, etc.)
I am looking to buy another router lift and router and want to
make sure I make the right purchase this time. I would consider a
router/lift combo if the some of the features are only available from
a lift using a certain router...
The most important thing to me is that I can do above table
bit changes and that it is rock solid nuts on accurate. If I set it
at 1/4 inch height and run 200 feet of wood through it I want it to
still be at 1/4 on the last board.

TIA

I have the first generation Rout-R-Lift by JessEm also and solved the
problem of changing bits easily. CMT used to offer a selection of bent
wrenches designed specifically for the routers they were selling at the
time. No more pulling the whole lift and router out to change a bit.

I wouldn't want to stop you from buying a new toy but JessEm has
several new models that should satisfy your needs.

Bob S.