Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
a War Veteran a War Veteran is offline

Default Is there a point at which it's unsafe to keep an old washer/dryer going?

In article
,
KC wrote:

On May 25, 10:46*pm, brassplyer wrote:
I've got a 70's era washer and dryer that I got used in the late 80's.
The drum sliders on the dryer have worn and the drum is at a low
angle, the transmission on the washer finally gave up the ghost.

What I've seen in dryers. as a danger is lint build up. a fire hazard.
I vacuum and blow it all out, maybe every yr, and avoid obstructions in
the flow.
good luck, and you can post in misc.consumers.frugal-living
a fine NG.
--
It's amazing what you can do. If...
you put your mind to it.