Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx Fredxx is offline

Default How should I paint my roof white?

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Guy Dawson" wrote in message
Rather than doing nothing and waiting for the perfect solution we can
still do something useful...

However, painting our roofs white is not doing something useful. We would
need to cover a lot more of the planet with cities before their colour
became significant.

I don't know, but at the same time, I haven't seen any figures which relate
a Kg of CO2 to KW of atmospheric heat retention.

Given than the sun's energy falling on a roof top is around 1KW, a white
roof can contribute a significant return of sunlight back into space, and
potential cooling of the ground and consequently, the atmosphere.