Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
FatBytestard FatBytestard is offline

Default Wiring a Wall Type RJ45 Jack

On Sun, 24 May 2009 21:57:08 -0700, wrote:

Thanks!! Now I can't get information from Intel, Silicon Image,
Microsoft or LG Electronics. They dump this crap on you with the spin
that they are new technology and will improve things. When I heard
that about twisted-pair technology, I nearly crapped. People bought
into it, some thinking twisted pair had suddenly become superior to
coax, just because they twisted it better. Anyone believing that has a
serious issue with technological understanding, like the fatbytestard.

I installed Thomas Conrad Network Systems networks 15 years ago. The
hubs were VERY expensive(several thousand dollars each), and the cards
were half a grand each. They were a mere 100 Mb/s claimed speed, and
that only with their proprietary transfer protocol. So there wasn't a
whole lot of bang for that buck.

The current (at the time) 10 base T solutions were a lot cheaper and
used industry wide transfer protocols, and THAT is why businesses bought
twisted pair, you retarded little piece of ****. Running light weight,
cheap twisted pair is a LOT cheaper than running coax was, and coax
topped out at 2Mb/s back then as it was ABANDONED by the ETHERNET
standard, and was a hell of a lot harder to make the drops for.