Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default glass sliding door disposal

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
clipped
accumulated.
I couldn't believe how quickly the stuff went. But that was in the
suburban
part of Chicago. I'm not sure the same could not be said for the
area where
I am now.

We live in an "upscale" neighborhood in FL. Any time we have
something useable which we no longer want, we put it at the curb - it
always disappears quickly. The city will also pick up just about
anything, but we prefer to give the neighborhood a shot first.

Sloan-Kettering replaces about 75 computers a year. Sending them to a
landfill seems silly, it's a chore to separate the recyclable parts.
Donating them to a charitable organization is replete with tax problems and
paperwork. Here's what they do:

They put them on the curb for the urban fairies. Gone in the morning.

I've put stuff to the curb. The shortest length of time anything stood there
was ten minutes when two guys in a pickup slurped up an old water heater.

My best score was a military 5-gallon jerry can. Stenciled on the bottom was
"SEP 44 - III Army"

Heck, my little gas tank may have helped Patton during the Battle of the
Bulge!

Sure hope they are running diskwipe on the hard drives first, or the
eventual lawsuit from a patient, or the fines from the feds for not
protecting privacy act info, will make their heads explode.

--
aem sends...