BigWallop

Default Provisional Sums for plumbing - how to handle shock bill

"David Green" wrote in message
om...
Back at the sart of our house extension project, the builder included
provisional sums in his price for plumbing and electrics. Plumbing was
about £3k which he assured us was generous.

Now, as we near the end of the project, he informs us that his plumber
will need twice this amount. What's the best way to handle this? We
are shocked and furious that this wasn't mentioned earlier. (The
plumber did visit to discuss our plans months ago, but never mentioned
this. same for the builder.)

Any advice very welcome.

David

If all the plans were discussed well in advance, then you're told that the
costs have doubled over this period, I'd be very suspicious and ask for a
break down on the prices for all the materials and time / labour costs that
are going to be involved.

You haven't added anything to the build in that time, have you ?

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com