Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Colour code for 3-wire room stat?

On Thu, 28 May 2009 20:17:16 +0100 someone who may be Tim S
wrote this:-

Out of the whole think, I think that re-using black as a phase colour was
probably the most insane decision. A *lot* of sites are going to be
sporting mixed installations for the next good couple of decades.

Anybody who is able to cope properly with three phase wiring is
unlikely to be bothered. The new colours seemed strange to me at
first, but they soon became natural. I can cope with both sets of
colours without thinking now and I don't do wiring every day. If the
IET have made a mistake then there should already be an observable
effect. AFAIK there has not been one.

I suggest that the changes to DC wiring colours are a little more
difficult to get to grips with.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh