Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Colour code for 3-wire room stat?

David Hansen coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Thu, 28 May 2009 08:54:09 +0100 someone who may be Tim S
wrote this:-

I agree completely. I really don't know what demon of stupidity made them
think switching a perfectly good established system was a good idea

It was explained at the time. Quite possibly the IET/IEE web site
has copies of their reasoning should you wish to point out the flaws
in it. "We don't like change" is not a particularly convincing flaw.

I don't need to read their reasoning to have an opinion David.

I've also not seen *anyone* on the IET's forum (ie the "users") who have had
a good word for it. Some are neutral but I don;t recall a single person
praising it as a radical improvement that is solving a problem that
everyone's been grumbling about for years.

Coming up with a less crap domestic installation cable than T+E would rate
higher on my personal list.

To me it appears an wholly unnecessary change from a perfectly well
understood and clear system.

Then I didn't have some invisible body pressurising me to "harmonise" for
the sake of it.

Having used some new triple + E, it's a bloody pain in dimly lit areas to
discern the colours - no where near as clear as R/Y/B.

How can this possibly be classed as "progress"?

Cheers

Tim