Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Filling in the hole left by a tumbler drier vent

Colin Eberhardt wrote:
On May 28, 12:15 pm, "Bob Mannix" wrote:
"Colin Eberhardt" wrote in message

On May 28, 8:14 am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

In article
,
Colin Eberhardt writes:
Hi All,
I need to fill in the hole left by a tumble drier vent, i.e. a
circular hole a few inches across from the interior to the exterior of
the house. I know that you can get expanding foam fillers that would
probably do the trick, however, I was wondering if there was anything
that gives a better cosmetic effect externally?
What's the wall construction and external finish?
--
Andrew Gabriel

-Hi,

-It is a cavity wall. Red brick externally, internally I think it is
-breeze-block and plasterboard.

Bricks then "to give a better finish externally".

Personally I would call it cavity ventilation and put a dark brown grille
over it.

I like that idea - a Grille would look much better than expanded
foam!

That stuff also degrades in light, so wouldn't be suitable for the
outside faces of the walls anyway.

David