Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling in the hole left by a tumbler drier vent

In article
,
Colin Eberhardt wrote:
On May 28, 8:14 am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
Colin Eberhardt writes:

Hi All,

I need to fill in the hole left by a tumble drier vent, i.e. a
circular hole a few inches across from the interior to the exterior
of the house. I know that you can get expanding foam fillers that
would probably do the trick, however, I was wondering if there was
anything that gives a better cosmetic effect externally?

What's the wall construction and external finish?

It is a cavity wall. Red brick externally, internally I think it is
breeze-block and plasterboard.

Obtain some matching red bricks, cut out the 'half' bricks around the
hole and make good with complete ones.

--
*Fax is stronger than fiction *

Dave Plowman London SW