Posted to alt.home.repair
nucleus nucleus is offline

Default Refrigerator problem: Insufficient cooling

thanks for your input, looks like it is time to dig out the ole
brazing
torch.

On May 26, 8:13*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
From what you were describing, I'd have thought the suction
pressure was below atmospheric. 15PSI running suction is a
bit too high, on a household refrigerator. I'm thinking at
this point there is something badly wrong with the
compressor. Sounds like it's not pumping refrigerant. Add
some freon, and it's still not cooling.... that's a very
strong hint that the compressor has problems.

Plugged drier or capillary would give you a very low suction
pressure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus